For your school production to be considered, you must have presented an officially licensed production of a qualifying Broadway musical during the 2015-2016 academic year. A comprehensive list of productions can be found HERE.
Rules & Regulations:
- The Roger Rees Awards application must be completed in full by a school administrator and received no later than Friday, December 18, 2015 by Camp Broadway LLC, 1115 Broadway, Suite 1054, New York, NY 10010 or via email at email@example.com.
- Nominees must be enrolled in grades 9-12 in a New York City-area, Westchester, or Long Island public or private high school and have performed in a high school affiliated musical theater production during the 2015-2016 academic year.
- To compete in the Roger Rees Awards, the nominated student must have performed a qualifying male or female role in a full-length licensed high school production of a musical. A comprehensive list of qualifying roles can be found at HERE.
- If selected as a Roger Rees Award winner, the student must be available and willing to participate in the National High School Musical Theater Awards held in New York City in June of 2016. All related expenses will be paid for by the Roger Rees Awards.
Roger Rees Award Categories:
Best Leading Actor in a Musical
Best Leading Actress in a Musical
Up & Comer (Male)
Up & Comer (Female)
- A panel of Broadway professionals will select two students to receive the Roger Rees Award for Best Leading Actor and Best Leading Actress based on an ensemble performance and a solo presentation of a song he or she performed in their high school musical. The audition also includes a vocal and movement master class that culminates in the group presentation. The judges’ decision is final.